The Universal Services Administrative Company (USAC) is the administrator of the Universal Service Fund (USF).
The Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) between the FCC and USAC provides details on the responsibilities of USAC in administering the four Universal Services Funds.
The USF is maintained through contributions made by telecommunications providers across the country and is disbursed based on four primary support programs:
- The High Cost fund ensures that consumers in all regions of the Nation have access to and pay rates for telecom services that re reasonably comparable to those in urban areas.
- Rural Health Care support provides reduced rates to rural health care providers for telecom and Internet services so they pay no more than their urban counterparts for the same or similar services.
- Low Income support, commonly known as Lifeline and Link Up, provides discounts that make basic, local telephone service affordable for more than 7 million Americans.
- Schools and Libraries support goes to service providers that provide discounts on eligible services to eligible schools, school districts, libraries, and consortia of these entities.
The Schools and Libraries Division (SLD) of USAC administers the E-Rate program. Each year, USAC issues the administrative procedures that will be used in administering the Schools and Libraries Program.
- USAC Administrative Procedures October 2020
- USAC Administrative Procedures October 2019
- USAC Administrative Procedures October 2018
- USAC Administrative Procedures October 2017
- USAC Administrative Procedures October 2016
- USAC Administrative Procedures November 2015
- USAC Administrative Procedures October 2014
- USAC Administrative Procedures October 2013
- USAC Administrative Procedures October 2012
- USAC Administrative Procedures October 2011
- USAC Administrative Procedures October 2010
USAC files an annual report with the FCC and Congress by March 31, reporting on operations, activities and accomplishments for the prior year.
See USAC’s publications web site for additional annual reports and further information.
USAC Customer Service Operations 888-641-8722