Step 3: Read General Specifications
- READ all information regarding Eligible Products and Services. Carefully read the Eligible Services List that is related to your products and/or services prior to posting any bids.
- Locate the Manufacturer E-Rate cost allocations for the products and services you will be providing proposals for. Make sure you fully understand how to indicate the E-Rate eligible portion of your products and services.
- Follow the requirements set forth in the Notice to Bidders as well as the Required Forms for E-Rate Bids
Products and Services
- Bids should meet industry standards and comply with applicable local, state and federal codes and regulations. For example, network wiring/cabling should meet or exceed EIA/TIA standards and national Electrical code standards.
- Equipment should be properly configured, installed and tested.
- All installed equipment and cabling should be labeled.
- The value of any free products and/or services must be deducted from the cost of the proposal.
- In addition to standard labeling (i.e. patch panels labeled with cable number), equipment should be labeled with E-Rate information as follows:
- Funding Request Number (FRN)
- Form 471 Application Number
- Purchase Order Number
- Installation Date
Documentation and Audit Compliance
- Service provider shall provide all warranty and product documentation related to products/services sold to the applicant
- Service provider shall retain all documentation related to the purchase and payment, including Forms 474 and receipt of payment from USAC, for all products and services provided to the applicant. Related documentation must be retained for a period of TEN years from the last date of service.
- If the applicant is audited by the Administrator of the program, the service provider shall fully cooperate with the applicant to provide any documentation related to the provision of discounted products and services as requested.
- The service provider and/or applicant is solely responsible for verifying the accuracy of information submitted to Kellogg & Sovereign® Consulting (KS). KS disclaims and makes no warranty, express or implied, nor assumes any legal liability or responsibility for the validity, accuracy, correctness, or completeness of any information that is provided by the service provider or applicant to KS.
- By submitting bids for KS client schools & libraries, the service provider agrees and understands that KS will forward the information to USAC, and the service provider is responsible for verifying the accuracy of information submitted to KS.
- Kellogg & Sovereign® Consulting shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, consequential or exemplary damages, including but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, data or other intangible losses (even if KS has been advised of the possibility of such damages), resulting from the service provider’s non-response or incomplete response and/or the service provider’s inaccurate, invalid, incorrect, or incomplete provision of information.
rev 7/6/2020 Kellogg & Sovereign® Consulting