Chairman Pai Appoints Six Members to USAC Board of Directors
Thursday, December 20, 2018 12:00 AM
FCC Chairman Ajit Pai appointed the following six members to the Board of Directors of the Universal Service Administrative Company (USAC). Of special note is the appointment of Julie Tritt Schell who serves as the State E-Rate Coordinator for the Pennsylvania Department of Education as well as provides E-rate consulting services.
• Representative for schools that are eligible for discounts under section 54.501 of the Commission’s rules: Julie Tritt Schell, State E-rate Coordinator, Pennsylvania Department of Education;
• Representative for information service providers: Olivia Wein, Senior Attorney, National Consumer Law Center;
• Representative for rural healthcare providers that are eligible to receive supported services under section 54.601 of the Commission’s rules: Brent Fontana, Technical Business Developer, Amazon Web Services;
• Representative for state telecommunications regulators: Sarah Freeman, Commissioner, Indiana Utility Regulatory Commission;
• Representative for incumbent local exchange carriers (non-Bell Operating Companies) with more than $40 million in annual revenues: Kenneth F. Mason, Vice President, Government and Regulatory Affairs, Frontier Communications; and
• Representative for interexchange carriers with annual operating revenues of more than $3 billion: Alan Buzacott, Executive Director, Federal Regulatory Affairs, Verizon Communications, Inc.