Oklahoma Universal Services Fund
Overview for Oklahoma Schools.
OCC Helpful Links: OCC HELPFUL LINKS
OUSF E-rate Guidance for properly completing FCC Form 470 (11/27/2017-Email sent to state superintendents by Derrel Fincher, OUSF E-Rate Coordinator)
PUD has placed guidance for requesting these services on the FCC Form 470 on the OUSF training page.
The guidance covers a change in the OUSF rules, effective September 11, 2017, and a change in how the E-rate program administrator defined broadband services, effective August 26, 2017. This guidance only applies to FCC Form 470s that are filed after those dates.
OCC Factor Proceeding FY2018 Cause No. OSF 201800005
OCC Permanent Rulemaking - Chapter 59 Rules Oklahoma Universal Services Fund
Recorded Webinar - New OUSF Rules & Processes for Applicants (9/14/2017)
Recorded Webinar- OUSF Update - The New OUSF Process (01/19/2017):
Recorded Webinar- OUSF Modernization - New Rules for Schools and Libraries (7/26/2016):
Recorded Webinar- OUSF Modernization - New Rules for Telemedicine Providers (7/28/2016):
OCC Emergency Rulemaking - Chapter 59 Rules Oklahoma Universal Services Fund
HB2616 - OUSF Modernization - Signed by Governor 04/09/2016
HB2616 - Modernizing OUSF Overview Summary Webinar (3/1/2016):
Oklahoma Corporation Commission Annual Reports as referenced in HB2616 presentation:
Additional information shared with stakeholders during passage of HB2616
NOTICE OF INQUIRY - CAUSE NO. PUD 201600004, CH 59, OUSF and Oklahoma Lifeline
Oklahoma Corporation Commission Proposed Rules
Comments for the NOI were due February 25, 2016
Technical conferences February 11, 2016 at 10:00 am and March 3, 2016 at 10:00 am in Courtroom 301, Third Floor Jim Thorpe Office Building, 2101 N Lincoln Blvd, Oklahoma City, OK 73105.
RFP Guidelines for E-Rate 2016-17 provided by Corp. Commision to Oklahoma Schools (12/17/2015):
NOTICE OF INQUIRY - CAUSE NO. PUD 201400339
www.kelloggllc.com/docs/occ/2015-339 NOI 9-10-15.pdf
Comments for the NOI were due September 28, 2015 and October 30, 2015
Technical conferences were held October 6, 2015 at 10:00 am and November 3, 2015 at 10:00 am.
RM 201400006, CH59, Kellogg & Sovereign Consulting Comments submitted:
OCC issues Memorandum OUSF Operational Procedures (MOOP) Volume: 2014-2 (09/05/2014)
The Oklahoma Corporation Commission issued operational procedures regarding administration of requests for support from the Oklahoma Universal Services Fund (OUSF). The MOOP is an excellent resource for service providers, schools, and libraries to reference as they submit applications for funding support and related documentation to the Commission.
Highlights of Administrative Changes implemented:
- The OUSF will fund the lowest reasonable cost for internet access to schools and libraries for the balance not paid by E-rate up to the eligible 1.5Mbps building credit equivalent
- The Administrator will require the production of all bids for services.
- PUD must determine reasonableness for all services and charges.
- OUSF will not fund redundant service(s)
- Funding shall be limited to 18 months prior to the date of application
- OUSF will fund the incumbent provider until the earlier of actual disconnection or 30 days after the disconnect notice
- PUD may provide support for installation and build out
- Sales taxes, FUSF, and OUSF will not be reimbursed on or after 7/11/2013.
- PUD will not reimburse quality of service charges
- Monthly equipment fees (managed routers) will not be reimbursed on or after 1/28/2014
- Qualified School Building - each building which contains classrooms wherein students in pre-kindergarten thorugh twelfth grades receive internet based coursework. Buildings with a physical firewall would qualify for a building credit for each section of the building that is separated by a physcial functional firewall. Being the point of service does not automatically qualify a building for credit.
- Pre-K is only funded beginning 5/9/2014 when HB 2977 was signed by the governor.
- OUSF will not fund internet access to a building during construction phase or any remodeling/out of service timeframes which occur over an extended period of time.
OCC - Limitations of Funding - New Disclosure Form
Effective 7/1/2013, OUSF will no longer provide support for "applicable taxes and regulatory fees." The provider of Internet Service must notify the school prior to signing a contract that the OUSF may not fund the entire amount of the Internet services after E-Rate and OUSF credits are applied. If such is the case, the school district will be responsible for any remaining amount.